E-READER 101: Info for E-readers
OverDrive for IOS (iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch), Android/ Fire Tablets,
- To download e-Books through OverDrive on a tablet or E-reader, users must use OverDrive's new Libby App, available through the device's App Store.
NOOK/ NOOKcolor– will support EPUB, PDF, MP3 file types
- Requires Windows 2000 SP4 (or newer) or Mac OS X v10.4.10 (or newer), Internet Explorer 6 (or newer), Firefox 2 (or newer) or
- Safari 2.0.4 (or newer), Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Digital Editions.
- Adobe Digital Editions is required to transfer e-books to the Nook. Link is on “Downloadable Books” sub menu.
- MP3 audiobooks must be transferred using the Overdrive Media Console from a PC.
- All ebooks are located: Quick Nav Arrow->Library-> My Files -> Digital Editions.
- Transferred audiobooks are located: Quick Nav Arrow -> Library -> My Files.
- Watch the video tutorial on setting up and using Adobe Digital Editions with the NOOK Color:
Kindle Reader - will support MP3 Audiobooks
- Watch the video to view a step by step video tutorial on borrowing eBooks!:
- Requires Kindle to be registered with your Amazon account.
- e-Books can be transferred by either a WiFi connection or via USB cable.
- MP3 audiobooks are transferred using the “Overdrive Media Console,” software.
- Watch the step by step video tutorial on how to transfer MP3 audiobooks!:
- e-Books can only be transfered via USB cable for Kindle 3G only models.
Smart phones: Android/Blackberry– will support EPUB file types
EPUB files can be downloaded directly on to phone using the “Overdrive Media Console App” (http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/)